Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 7

I'll be the first to admitt that when things get tough emotionally, I turn to food. I'm an emotional eater. If I'm feeling stressed or anxious, or sad, it's nothing a bag of cheetos won't fix. Unfortunately, today was one of those days. For various reasons, I've had a very emotionally trying weekend with lots of emotions and crying, and today I gave in to a craving. I don't feel badly about it, I don't want to put extra guilt and negativity in my world right now if I can avoid it, I'm just being honest about it. Hopefully tomorrow after my doctor's appointment I'll feel better, and I can get back on track.

Breakfast: A fresh pear.


Lunch: My dear sweet DH was trying to make me feel better, and after feeling inspired last night because he watched "Chopped" on the food network, he decided he was going to make me lunch. I usually love everything he makes, but I have to admitt this one was a little off on the tastebuds for me. He sauteed an onion, with shredded brussel sprouts (which I usually love), a cubed chicken breast, mushrooms and cilantro, and dressed it with a dressing made of balsamic vinegar, a strawberry, a shot of coconut rum, and dijon mustard. I think he may have taken the "mystery ingredient basket" idea a little too far, but I really appreciated the effort he put into trying to whip me up something to make me feel better. He put a few pieces of whole grain toast on the side and called his masterpiece a warm chicken salad. I took a few bites, but the mustard, rum, strawberry and vinegar dressing was a little too much for me. I love him very much for trying :)


Snack: A small bag of cheeto puffs and some fresh pinapple.



Dinner: (no photos, my phone was dead) a big bowl of sliced strawberries, sliced oranges, and fresh pineapple chunks along with a leftover beef/turkey charbroiled burger patty from Friday. Just the patty, for protein. Tasty!

0 comments: