Sunday, May 22, 2011

Day 13

There is a line I read about this diet that I truly understand and believe after the last few days; because I lived it.

"Eat anything you like. Go ahead and have Pizza, Burgers, Chips, whatever your heart desires. You will come to learn how much you really enjoy these foods... not much at all."

Needless to say, I had a little "break" from Paleo the last few days (and not proud of it, but not giving myself too much hell either) and I TOTALLY feel a difference in how I'm feeling. I kind of had a revelation this morning while driving to town with DH and feeling absolutely wretched. The last 48 hours I had had - (another) cheeseburger basket, a few beans and olives, and a few bites of cold pizza with processed meat, and my stomach felt turned inside out. Sure, it tasted good at the time, but how do you really justify that when the same or next day you feel horrible? I was bloated, and had stomach cramps and just.. not good.. stuff you don't wanna know! When I ate strictly Paleo I had none of that. Weird? No. I'm a believer that this diet makes a difference on what happens on the inside. It truly helps from the inside out.

So here I am, Day 14, and getting inspired to get back on track. I need to go fruit/veggie shopping, that'll help, but I want to feel good!

Today was my worse eating day since I started this diet. I had absolutely nothing to day ALL day until 6 pm. We were on the go ALL day and I was getting super grumpy from not eating. we had some tacos on the way home and I inhaled them.. Not feeling so great right now. Lesson learned. Must keep and apple and nuts in my purse.

0 comments: