Friday, November 19, 2010

I was right.

AF showed. I ovulated. I KNEW it! I FELT it! I was RIGHT!

But does being right take away the disappointment of another failed cycle? No.

But it does give me hope that I can trust my own instincts in this TTC journey. And it's encouraging that both of these last cycles were perfectly in sync. I got a positive OPK on CD21 (it was my friend after all) and got my period at 12dpo. Exactly. So I have to be happy with the consistency of my body.

I also have my first appointment with the RE to look forward to next week. I expected to be scared, nervous, and worried. But as of right now, with the appointment being 5 days away, I feel empowered.. if that makes sense. I feel that we will walk in there and meet someone who will be able to help us get that little baby in our arms. I feel like I've overcome all the fear behind the testing, poking and prodding. Bring it on. I'm ready. I won't let fear weaken me in this quest anymore. I feel happy to have had Dr.Sikes on my side this whole time, but I'm ready to move on. I'm happy with the progress we made, but I'm ready to make more.

Because of current life situations, ultimately, we might meet with the RE, get a diagnosis, and decide to wait a little while to pursue further treatment. Everything is undecided, but not far from my mind.

It's the waiting game.. what else is new?

0 comments: