Thursday, November 11, 2010

Feeling Better .

I called my doctor around 9:30 am on Tuesday but she wasn't in yet and she called me back around 12:40. I explained the whole thing to her, about how I really felt that I ovulated, but I didn't have it validated because I never got the smiley face. A friend was ever so kind to send me some opks this month because she had some left over from her last cycle. I told Dr.Sikes about that and when I told her they shipped in the mail she said that it's possible they went on a plane and that they probably had to go through an x-ray or magnetic scanner and that it's very possible that that messed up reader part of the opks. That hadn't even crossed my mind, but it makes total sense. We'll never know what really happened, but there are a few possibilities. So I told her what my symptoms were and that I really felt that for the first time my body was giving me signs that it was happening. She said that based on that, and in her professional opinion based on her experience also, she really thinks I ovulated. She also said that since I ovulated last month on this dose, that it really wouldn't make sense for me not to this time. She also decided against a progesterone draw to confirm ovulation because she didn't want to get inaccurate results.

So we are going with that I got a positive on CD 21 and ovulated on CD 22. So right now I am 6 dpo. I'm really REALLY going to try not to test until my period is late, which was about 12 dpo last month. My lower back hurts and I feel a little bloated.. My boobs hurt too, but that could all be pms.

So I'm trying to just forget about it and let time go by.

Over the weekend, Aaron and I decided that we want to move on to an RE next cycle if we're not pregnant this time. We just feel like we've given it a good shot with 4 Clomid cycles and that maybe it's time to be a little more closely monitored. Preferably while on Clomid, I should have internal ultrasounds every month as "follicle scans" to see how many mature follicles are ready to release eggs, if any. This time I really felt stuff on both sides, and that's kinda scary unmonitored. I have no idea what the hell happened in there you know? I'm really happy with the progress we've made with this doctor, but she's only there part time and sometimes that makes it hard to communicate. When I told my doctor this, she said that she agreed that we had given it a good try with Clomid and maybe it is time to move along. She hinted at the fact that even if I had stayed with her, she would have wanted me to take a few months off Clomid anyway to give my body a break. So she had me call Oregon Reproductive Medicine and make an appointment just to have a foot in the door. If we are somehow pregnant this cycle, I'll just cancel it. The appointment is set for 8 am (so Aaron can come with me) on Wednesday November 24th. That gives me plenty of time to either get a positive test, or start my period. They're sending me a packet to fill out in the mail and apparently it's going to be intense, the nurse warned me lol.

So, all in all, I'm feeling pretty good right now. A lot better than I was last friday, that's for sure. I feel confidant in the decision to trust my body and I can't wait to see what happens! WOO!

I took a picture of the OPK progression just for my peace of mind and also if any doctor needs to see it. I still see a very clear progression.

Photobucket

0 comments: