Thursday, August 12, 2010

Frustrated.

This morning I'm having some not such nice thoughts. I'm frustrated and angry. For myself, and for all my infertile friends out there. Pondering the "fairness" of life often leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I guess it's kind of my fault for watching this television show and letting it get to me, but I can't help it. I love watching Discovery Health. There are so many cool shows that are positive and informative, but I just watched one for the first time that sickened me. It's called "I'm pregnant and...". This particular episode was "I'm pregnant and I'm in prison". Let me break it down for you. Basically this woman is 23, already has 3 children, 2 of which she can't see because she's a violent drug addicted meth whore, and she's in prison for possesion of meth and attempted robbery when she finds out she's pregnant. Surprise!! Ugh. I just don't understand why people like that who just whore their way through men for personal gain and drugs get pregnant so easily. It's so unfair. Here we are, putting our bodies and wallets through the wringer in hopes of achieving our dreams of being parents, and this woman who has no idea who her baby's father is, gets to go to the OB in handcuffs and shackles. We have safe homes, nurseries, and love waiting for our little miracles, and this poor baby gets the spend the first 18 months of his life behind bars in a prison nursery because his mother didn't plan for him. Ugh. It's just so aggravating.

0 comments: