Saturday, June 14, 2014

Legend of the Dreambox


I don't know about you, but even though I don't put too much stock into legends or wishes coming true, when I need something to believe in, I can't resist these things. 

Aaron and I are visiting an awesome little northern Arizona town bordering an Indian reservation this weekend. We had a great day exploring antique shops and an open air art festival. It really was a lovely day. 

We visited a particularly odd little Native American place called Harvest Moon Antiques. It had all kinds of odd things for sale from sun bleached bones to coyote pelts and sage burning kits. We looked around for a bit, and I told Aaron I wanted to find something that would be good juju. About a minute after I said that, I spotted the Dreamboxes. They had all kinds of animals hand carved on them from wolves howling at the moon, to snakes and bears. Above them was this sign. 


It was exactly the kind of juju I was looking for. This particular box caught my eye. On it is a beautifully carved Ram and a tiny aquamarine bead. My astrological sign is a Ram (Aries) and my birthstone is aquamarine. Believing in signs is kind of like believing in legends, but it was too cool to pass up. 


So, my sweet husband bought it for me, and when we got back to the hotel, I wrote down my fondest dream, greatest desire and strongest wish on a small piece of paper, and I placed it inside the Dreambox. 


Who knows! Maybe this legend of the Lakota Sioux Indians will make my wish come true :)

Because sometimes, you just have to believe. 



0 comments: